Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 31, 2007

"What is New Years Eve, Alex?"

What's really in a new year? Surely, the dropping of a large sparkly ball and record signups at local gyms don't do this holiday justice. Instead, this should be a time to set goals and strive to make real differences in our lives. I have, for example, made a few decisions regarding my 2008. I'm determined to play on "Jeopardy" and be intentional about my daily quiet times. I want to read books off my must-read-before-I-die list and exercise my culinary skills (as though they exist!) Mostly, though, I want to be genuine with everyone I encounter. I tend to fold inside myself when I'm tired, stressed, or hurting. 2008 will be an opportunity for me to be sincere about loving those around me and become empty of self. Wishing all a blessed new year!

"I wish we could open our eyes, to see in all directions at the same time..."

No comments: