Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolute

Resolutions are made to be broken. At least, that's all I heard as people rang in 2012. It seems to be a pattern in our culture to make a show of things, only to turn around and blame others and excuse ourselves. I'm not trying to be cynical, but look around you. It is now a running American joke that we will "sign up at the gym" on January 1st and return to sedentary lifestyles by the 15th. This year, I'm deciding to do something different. I've decided not to make resolutions but to be RESOLUTE (if you are like me, this undoubtedly conjures up a scene from "National Treasure"). Rather than focus on things outside myself that I'd like to accomplish, I want to spend this year focusing on who I'm becoming... some ideas:

1. A lover of justice- someone who takes a stand and seizes opportunities to right wrongs.

2. A truer friend- a person who tries to communicate with, pray for, and give more of herself to those who she is blessed to have in her life.

3. A wiser steward- someone who spends her time and treasure well, serving as many others as possible.

4. A passionate learner- a student who is humble enough to realize what others have to offer her.

As I ponder these things,a joy and a desire to see these fruits in my own life is being awakened in me. I yearn to be resolute this year, not because I am able to do this on my own, but because, with God, being resolute can last significantly longer than 2 weeks :)

"Hold on to this lullaby,
even when the music's gone..."

No comments: